1. To stimulate the development of communication skills (speaking, listening, writing, reading).
2. To develop a positive self-concept & awareness of the child's own identity.
3. To develop a basic understanding of number relationships.
4. To foster physical coordination, physical development of large & small muscles, safety & health habits, & acceptable outlets for emotions.
5. To stimulate awareness of the child's physical environment & geographical relationships.
6. To encourage the social skills of working, playing & learning together by providing experiences with other children of similar ages.
7. To develop a basic awareness of the child's social & cultural environmental (heritage, manners, customs).
8. To stimulate the child's ability to think, to express and create through art, music, storytelling, role playing & visual experiences.
9. To foster creativity through learning experience, spontaneous play & self-expression.
10. To provide a warm, supportive environment conducive to the child's growth & development.
11. To develop awareness of the five senses.
12. To encourage independence, self-reliance, initiative, curiosity, perseverance & sense of responsibility.
13. To supplement the child's experience at home.